- Music City Daegu
- Daegu Musicians
Specialized Arts Organizations
- Citizens-based Cultural Community Leads Arts and Culture in Daegu Daegu Foundation for Culture
- Established to strengthen locally-based support programs for the arts and to pursue an effective implementation of cultural policy, the Daegu Foundation for Culture has worked on behalf of arts support projects, the operation of Daegu Arts Education Support Center, cultural welfare programs, and local festivals, under the catchphrase of “Citizens and Artists Together.”
- Pivotal Force for the Development of Music and Arts in Daegu대구음악협회
- The Music Association of Daegu City, the Daegu Branch of the Music Association of Korea, aims to promote the development of music in Daegu, improve the status of musicians, and provide music programs for residents. It also endeavors to help youngsters aspire for careers in the arts and forge a cultural city where the arts permeate various aspects of urban life.
- Launching as Asia’s Best Opera Hub City재단법인 대구오페라하우스
- Daegu Opera House, which was established by Samsung Group as part of its Mecenat activities for culture, provides the greatest venue in Korea dedicated to operatic performance. It opened in 2003 and was turned into an incorporated foundation in 2013. As a producing theater, which designs and creates original operas, the Daegu Opera House has held the Daegu International Opera Festival every year since 2003. Striving to produce high-quality operas and build extensive global networks, it has nurtured Daegu’s reputation as Asia’s foremost opera city. The opera house has also led the popularization of opera by offering a variety of opera educational programs.
- Festival Specializing in Musicals: Successful Brand of the Daegu Cultural Industry사단법인 대구국제뮤지컬페스티벌조직위원회
- Aiming to build a musical hub city and launch the world’s first festival specializing in musicals, the Daegu International Musical Festival (DIMF) was first established in 2006. Since then, DIMF has been held every summer. DIMF implements various programs such as the performance of operas invited from overseas through a continuous exchange with overseas productions, the support of the production of original Korean operas, and the College Musical Festival, which is instrumental to discovering young talent. DIMF is positioning itself as Daegu’s cultural industry brand that includes global productions, performance-related parties, the general public, and serves as a platform towards the advancement of Korean operas into foreign markets.
- World-Class Concert Hall with a State-of-the-Art Sound System대구콘서트하우스
- Daegu Concert House, which is a world-class music hall dedicated to concerts, boasts a state-of-the-art sound system. It hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, such as performances of world-famous musicians invited from abroad, scheduled performances of in-house music groups, contests for young local musicians, and special performances for citizens. The Concert Hall (Grand Hall), with a modified shoebox shape that optimizes sound, provides a stunning visual and auditory experience by narrowing the distance between the audience and performers. The Concert Hall has 1,284 seats, and the Chamber Hall (Small Hall) has 246 seats; it is home to two in-house music groups, Daegu Symphony Orchestra and Daegu City Choir.